| || |
Types of websites
Which type of website is my homepage?
If you want to find the right topic in a list of websites in order to add your own homepage it is often useful to check to which type of website the own homepage belongs.
1. Internet portalsMost of us visit these sites regularly to check our emails, to read the latest news or to find other websites. Internet portals often belong to bis companies and offer constantly updated content.
2. Informational websitesThe classic internet mostly offers pages that contain stories about various topics - these stories can be read for free or after paying a fee. Popular topics that are interesting for many people are sport news, financial data or weather forecasts.
3. HomepagesIn former days one at least had to be able to use HTML in order to build the own homepage. Today simple to use systems exist for this purpose that are often offered for free to the customers of various internet providers.
4. Commercial websitesToday even small companies almost always have their own website, that advertizes the company like a folder or business card. Commercial websites are common because in comparison to advertisements in papers, radio or TV they are cheap to build and to mantain and therefore are a popular form of promotion.
5. Online shopsThese websites take the concept of commercial websites to the next level and offer theri visitors the possibility to immediately order the offered products online and receive them by mail. Nowadays there are companies that online exits in cyberspace and do not own any real shops anymore.
6. ForumsHere interactivity is king. Using software that often even is free the visitors of the website can communicate with each other about various topics. Most forums require a registration before one can participate in order to reduce the amount of spam postet.
7. BlogsSpecial sever-sided software aids blog owners to easily post content on their website and keep it current. Therefore blogs are often updated on a daily basis and contain information about various topics. By placings ads nowadays it is even possible to be commercially successful with blogs that have a large amount of readers.
8. Social networksToday everybody knows them: Networks of friends that are connected online to exchange information about topics they are especially interested in.
9. Cloud websitesCloud computing is a new way of saving data: The documents, images and other files are stores online and therefore can be retrieved worldwide by usings a laptop, PC...
|Legal Notice: |
Schneitler & Weiss GbR
Waldstr. 14, 83395 Freilassing, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)8654 457 9623 1, Fax: +49 (0)8654 457 9623 9
Dr. Clemens Schneitler and Dr. Christian Weiss
Tax ID: 105/176/40803, VAT identification number in
accordance with § 27 a VAT Act: DE230625103
Information about the Online Dispute Resolution Platform: The EU commission has created an internet platform for the extrajudicial settlement of disputes concerning contractual obligations between customers and merchants arising from online contracts (the so-called "ODR platform") which is accessible via the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
Copyright © 2015 Avalon's Treasury
Images © 2015
|www.clipart.com ||, |
|www.istockphoto.com ||, ||www.pixmac.com |
|& www.avalonstreasury.com |
All rights reserved.
All images, text and design of this website are fully protected by federal and international copyright laws. If you want to use features of this site please contact the site owner who will help you to get in touch with the respective copyright owner or right holder.
|Last Update of Site: |
| Page built using |
| PSPad-Editor |
Jewelry, Gems & Minerals
Lists of Webpages, General Lists
If you want to add your website to one of our pages or to another list of websites normally it is only necessary to provide the title and a description of your site - but often it is also possible to publish a whole story which points to your website. This method has advantages since one can provide information about topics which interest the reader in order to win new visitors for your homepage.
No matter how you structure your story you should always pay attention that you firstly care about your readers: You story should be controversial and show different opinions about a topic in order to raise discussions and to enchain your readers. In order to achieve this it is important to be an expert and the field of knowledge one writes about - so if you write one of your first stories about a topic you should first do a research on the internet: Only in this way you can offer thrilling information and new connections in an entertaining way.
Being neutral is an important element when publishing information: There is a reason why newspapers with their political coverage own a better reputation than the tabloid press which focuses on gossip and tittle-tattle. Honest information about various fields of knowledge can also easily be published in social networks where they can be associated with your profile. In this way the interested reader can learn more about you and recognize you as an expert in your field which ledas to more trust in your website and the products and services offered there. Especially in the internet the reputation of a website is important since there is no direct contact between humans and it is therefore difficult to come to an competent opinion about a site.
Many webmasters donít consider that also the website which is referenced by a story has to offer thrilling and interesting information about the topic of the story. Even an excellent story does not help much if you website does not contain further information which fascinates the new visitors and motivates them to stay on the site. For sure it is not always necessary to offer this information in text form: Many visitors like interactive sites, thrilling videos or artistic presentations that make them laugh, entertain them or enchain them in another way.
The stories on this page http://www.aval
l were written with the readers in mind in order to inform them and to invite them to the associated websites. This is the information about our website and this page if you want to point to it:
- Website: Our short description is "Online Shop for Jewelry, Gems & Minerals".
- Page: Websites and stories about "Lists of Webpages, General Lists" can be found on this page.
In the end well written stories can be much more than only a possibility to find new visitors for oneís homepage - they can build an emotional connection between you and the visitors of your site and enhance your reputation as an expert in a given field of knowledge. For this reason stories that point to your website are much more valuable than references that only use a title and a short description.